SM Development Corporation, including its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, and related companies which shall be collectively known as “SMDC”, collect, process and store personal data about you when you avail of their products and services, including its websites and mobile applications, participate in their events, apply for a job with them, or enter into any contract with them (“Services”), provided that you have given your express consent.
Collection of Personal Data
The information that we collect are only those necessary and relevant to our dealings with you. Said information will be kept for as long as they are pertinent for the purpose for which they were collected and/or as we are required under the law. We shall immediately destroy or dispose in a secure manner any personal information, the retention of which is no longer allowed under the law.
– Home Address
– Email Address
– Contact Number
– Mobile Number
– Date of Birth
– Educational Background
– Work Experience
– Government-issued identification numbers
– CCTV footages
Use and Processing of Personal Data
SMDC may use and process the personal data collected about you to allow your agent to assist you in complying with the requirements of your account, or for you to participate in the Event, other similar events to be held by SMDC, including the publication of your name should you win the same, and other discounts, promos, sales, advertisements, marketing activities and commercial communications of SMDC, including direct marketing. However, if necessary, SMDC may subject the personal information to additional processing before using the same. SMDC may use the information that it collected from or provided by you to:
- Process job applications and comply with requirements of government agencies such as, but not limited to, BIR, Pag-IBIG, Philhealth, SSS, etc.
- Respond to your online inquiries and requests
- Improve our online services by performing data analytics
- Generate statistical information
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and Company policies
SMDC may also use your personal information in other ways for which you will be provided specific notice at the time of collection.
At all times, your personal data shall not be used or processed for any purpose that is contrary to law, morals, or public policy.
Sharing of Personal Data
SMDC may share personal data between and among the entities comprising the same or to another constituting the SM Group of Companies, to enable them to provide you personalized Services. SMDC may also share personal data with your real estate agent, vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on behalf of SMDC. If and when it becomes necessary, a data sharing agreement shall cover any sharing of data between and among SMDC and/or its real estate agents, vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers.
We may also disclose information that is necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. In addition, we may disclose any information when it is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with suspected or actual illegal activity.
Storage and Protection of Personal Data
SMDC has instituted policies and procedures which intend to protect personal data which it has collected and continues to collect. These include securing any document containing personal data, requiring the execution of non-disclosure agreements by its employees, consultants, vendors, suppliers and contractors, among others.
SMDC’s websites are scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to said website as safe as possible. SMDC also uses regular Malware Scanning. Your personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the personal data confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. SMDC implements a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
While there will always be a risk of unauthorized disclosure of personal data, SMDC believes that the foregoing safeguards are sufficient to prevent the occurrence of such risk and is committed to updating and improving such safeguards in order to protect your personal data in compliance with the Data Privacy Act.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
Your Rights under the Data Privacy Act
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the Data Privacy Act:
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. You will be given an option or opportunity to withhold your consent to the processing of your personal data whenever the SMDC communicates with you or by notifying our Data Protection Officer;
- You have the right to have reasonable access to your personal data by notifying our Data Protection Officer;
- You have the right to rectify or correct any inaccuracy or error in your personal data by submitting your request for rectification or correction to our Data Protection Officer;
- You have the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data in accordance with the requirements of the Data Privacy Act. Please notify our Data Protection Officer if you wish to exercise this right;
- You have the right to obtain a copy of your data in an electronic or structured format if the same is processed by electronic means and in a structured and commonly used format by submitting your request to our Data Protection Officer; and
- You have the right to be indemnified if you incur damages due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of your personal data.
Accessing Links To Other Sites
Our Website may provide links to other websites, which may operate independently from us. Linked sites have their own privacy notices or policies. SMDC is not responsible for websites that are not owned or operated by us, we are not responsible for the linked sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices thereof.
- Title/Designation: Data Protection Officer
- Postal Address: 15/F Two E-Com Center, Harbor Drive MOA complex, Pasay City, 1300 Philippines
- Telephone Number: 857-0100
- Email Address: email@example.com